Lake Macquarie Variety Playground
Point of difference
The Lake Macquarie Variety Playground is located in Speers Point Park. At just under 2 hectares, it provides a fun and friendly play area for all ages and abilities. In 2011, the Playground was awarded 'Best Play Space in Australia'.
DetailsPlay equipment includes:
- A giant 9 metre spiral slide
- Climbing structures, including a 12-metre high climbing tower and climbing nets
- Double flying fox
- Spinning equipment
- A maze
- A range of swings
- A bike circuit with two intersecting tracks
- Wheelchair accessible play boat
- Music play elements
- Accessible water play
- A performance stage and mini 'amphitheatre'
- A quiet zone retreat specifically designed to allow children to have some time out
Amenities, picnic and BBQ facilities are located adjacent, as is Sals by the Lake Cafe.