Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Any entry not complying with these Terms and Conditions is invalid.
2. The Promoter is Lake Macquarie City Council, 228 Pacific Highway, Swansea NSW 2281
ABN: 81 065 027 868
3. Entry is open to residents of Australia only. Employees of the Promoter, the Promoter’s associated companies and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. By entering the competition, the participant represents that they are eligible to enter the competition based on these terms and conditions.
4. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age.
5. The promotion commences at 5:00PM Australian Eastern Daylight Time (“AEDT”) on 10 December 2018 and concludes at 11:59PM on 19 December 2018 (“Competition Period”). Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
6. The competition will be promoted and hosted on Facebook and Instagram, with a single entrant selected as the prize winner. To enter the draw, entrants must comment on one of the promotional social media posts and describe how they would like to spend ‘the ultimate summer’s day in Lake Macquarie’.
7. One entry per person, per promotional post, will be accepted during the promotional period, as long as they comply with the entry conditions.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering or attempted tampering with the entry process, including but not limited to submitting an entry that is otherwise not in accordance with these terms and conditions. By providing your entry, you consent to the Promoter using your personal information to determine whether any tampering or attempted tampering with the entry process has occurred.
9. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical or other malfunctions which may occur in relation to internet, network or network congestion, including problems with the transmission of entries or injury or damage to a participant or their computer related to entry in this competition.
10. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or entries not received by the Promoter.
11. Total prize value over the promotional period is AUD $1217.92. The details of the total prize are as follows:
a) Caves Coastal Bar & Bungalows – 2-night stay for up to 2 adults in a Spa Beach Suite.
Valued at: $740
b) Miss Mays Picnics – Luxury lakeside sunset picnic experience for up to 2 adults.
Valued at: $350
c) Sunnylife – 2 x Luxe Lie-On Floats (pineapple and watermelon varieties).
Valued at: $127.92
Total Prize Value = $1217.92
12. A random electronic draw will be conducted to determine the winner at 228 Pacific Highway, Swansea NSW 2281 at 12pm AEDT on Thursday 20 December 2018. The winner will be notified by direct message on whichever social media platform they entered, and the winner’s first name will be published on the promotional social media posts to declare the giveaway over.
13. The Promoter retains the absolute discretion to require a winner to provide proof of age, residential address and identity in a form determined by the Promoter before awarding the prize.
14. If the prize remains unclaimed, the Promoter may conduct an unclaimed prize draw on Monday 24 December 2018 at the same time and place as the original draw.
15. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. If for whatever reason the specified prize is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are subject to availability, not redeemable for cash. Accommodation and picnic experience are not able to be booked during public holiday periods. Limit of one voucher redeemable per booking.
17. All prizes must be redeemed by 31 March 2019 unless otherwise stated on prize voucher.
18. The prize value is correct at time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of any prizes. No responsibility is accepted for any tax obligations which may arise for the prize winner.
19. The Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of participating in the promotion or accepting/using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter's liability is limited to the cost of replacing the prize or benefit won.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner (and companions) to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines, in its absolute discretion, that a winner (and/or companions) are not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate.
21. By entering the competition, the prize winner agrees to the use of their name, image and photograph/s for publicity and promotional purposes, without compensation, and agree that the Promoter will own copyright in any such images and photograph/s and in all material incorporating the photograph/s.
22. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection by computer virus, mobile phone failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. The Promoter may in its sole discretion disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
23. The Sunnylife brand is used here as a prize only and is not associated with this promotion.
NSW Permit Number: LTPS/18/30470